About the CFA® Program
The CFA® designation is considered by many the gold standard in finance and investment banking. Working professionals and graduates around the globe strive to acquire the CFA® charter.
The CFA® Program is a globally recognized, graduate level course ideal for seasoned and new professionals aiming to learn more about the world of finance, banking, insurance, money management, investment analysis and portfolio management.
The curriculum focuses on the theoretical knowledge of the investment industry, while developing the skill-set necessary for practical implementation.
CFA® candidates and members are upheld against the highest professional and ethical standards, accentuating an individual’s professional integrity.
Benefits of the Program
- Education Benefit – The CFA® curriculum covers a broad range of topics in depth. Enhances your knowledge base in relation to the finance industry.
- Recognition and Credibility – A global benchmark qualification in the financial field, recognized in almost all countries and universities.
- Job Opportunities – Seasoned financial professionals and novices both can benefit from the CFA® qualification. Participants of the program are viewed in high regard, indicating a dedicated and determined employee, who values persistence, hard work and displays professional competencies
- Networking – Earning the charter requires you to be a member of the CFA® Institute and the CFA® Local Society. Giving you a platform to meet like-minded individuals in the same profession, in your own country, or the 130 other countries with a local CFA® society.
Examination Process and Testing Methods
- The CFA® Program has 3 exams – Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
- All examinations are paper-based.
- Each level must be taken in succession. The candidate must pass Level 1 to be eligible and appear for level 2 exams; similarly a candidate must pass level 2 to be eligible to appear for level 3 exams.
- Level 1 exams are offered twice a year (June/December), level 2 & level 3 exams are only offered once a year (June).
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Morning Exam (3 hours)||120 multiple choice questions||10 Item sets (60 multiple choice questions)||9 to 12 short response essay questions|
|Afternoon Exam (3 hours)||120 multiple choice questions||10 Item sets (60 multiple choice questions)||10 Item sets (60 multiple choice questions)|
Eligibility to take CFA® Exam
In order to register and sit for the CFA® exams, the following criteria need to have been met:
- Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree:
- OR have a ‘degree in progress’, that is be in the last year of your bachelor’s degree program at the time of registration.
- OR have four years of qualifying* work experience (non-investment related experience is acceptable)
- OR have work and college experience that put together is at least four years. Part-time positions do not count towards work experience. The four-year (work + college) total must be obtained prior to exam registration.
- Be comfortable with taking the test in English language.
- Have a valid international travel passport.
*For more information please visit the CFA® Institute website http://www.cfainstitute.org
Registering for the CFA® Exam
To register you must meet the exam eligibility requirements.
Log onto www.cfainstitute.org to view registration deadlines, locate a test center, create an account, or login and register for the examinations.
Note: This procedure does not qualify as a registration until the applicant does not receive a CFA® Program Registration Confirmation.
Steps to be Eligible for the CFA® Charter
Step 1: Take and pass the 3 Levels of CFA® examinations
Step 2: Accumulate 4 years of qualifying work experience.
Step 3: Become a member of the CFA® Institute, pledge to adhere to the CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, pay your membership dues.
Step 4: Become a member of the local CFA® member society.
Preparation for the CFA® Exams
CFA® Institute recommends students dedicate 300 hours of study, for each level, to ensure a good chance of passing.
Successful completion of the CFA® examinations (three exam levels) is one of the necessary steps towards gaining the CFA® charter and EDGE can help ease your way through this examination quotient.
EDGE education provides varied course structures for their CFA® Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 trainings. All sessions are instructor led, delivering material from the CFA® curriculum.
Disclaimer: CFA® Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EDGE Education. CFA® Institute, CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst®, Claritas ® are trademarks owned by CFA® Institute.